490 Jobs | 128 Resumes | 372 Companies | 1592 Members

Yokohama Tire Philippines, Inc.

Companies Manufacturing/Production

COMPANY PROFILE

In its aim to be globally competitive, The Yokohama Rubber Company partnered with JFE, Japan to establish its firm tire manufacturing facility in Asia outside of Japan. This joint venture in April 1996 created the subsidiary company named Yokohama Tire Philippines, Incorporated (YTPI) aimed to produce “Yokohama” brand passenger car radial (PRC) tires and recreational vehicle (RV) tires for global market.

Yokohama Tire Philippines, Inc. produces an average of 19,600 per day or an equivalent of 550,00 – 600,000 tires in a month from a mix of 13 inches to 18 inches tire sizes. 96% of the production is exported around the world while the other 4% is for local sales or as original equipment tires.

History
Yokohama Tire Philippines, Inc. (YTPI) was established in April 1996 as a joint venture between the Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. and Kawasho Corporation of Japan. Located at the Clark Special Economic Zone (CSEZ), YTPI is the first facility in Asia, outside Japan, to produce tires for passenger vehicles with the “Yokohama” brand. About 90% of YTPI’s output is exported to Europe, the Middle East, and countries in the ASEAN region. YTPI began commercial production in January 1998 with an initial target of one (1) million tires, and is the largest company to start operations in CSEZ. Currently, the company produces close to 2 million units annually. Since its operations, YTPI’s products have been the very hallmark of quality, winning local recognition (Consumer Choice Top Tire Brand for 2002 and 2003) as well as international acclaim (Outstanding Tire Brand at the 2003 Asia-Pacific Consumer Excellence Awards). YTPI is currently listed among the country’s Top 500 Corporations, and is considered to be one of the leaders in the industry.

Why join with us?
The members of the company’s professional staff have acquired the know-how and a “can-do” spirit. In Japan, young engineers from the Philippines completed a 3-month to one-year training course as key personnel, supervisors and operators. They have mastered specific manufacturing techniques, quality control, and factory management. The close cooperation and close communication between the Filipino and Japanese members of the staff and the teamwork thereby achieved are the driving force of a powerful YTPI.
The “Yokohama brand” is proud of its spirit of craftsmanship which has been passed down from generation to generation of engineers. Company inspectors can detect imperfections, air blockages, for example, not visible to the naked eye by simply touching a tire only once. Quality control engineers in charge of tire molding seeking perfect curvature do not tolerate imperfections as small as hundredth of a millimeter. This is the type of dedication to product quality engendered by the Yokohama spirit. YTPI will pursue this company philosophy. The strong ties that have already been formed between the Filipino and Japanese personnel of the company will strengthen this spirit. This will lead to the full development of a professional staff and high-tech production system that will guarantee tires of the highest quality, “Reliable Yokohama brand” tires to be shipped from the Philippines.
New hires to Yokohama Tire Philippines can expect challenging assignments in an environment that supports continuous learning.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive array of benefits. YTPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Est. In 1996 501+ People 1 Job

Job Offers

We’re hiring! Please check our job offers and contact us.

Pampanga
January 19th, 2018
Full Time $ Below expected salary /Month

Contact Form

Use this contact form to send an email.

Full Name *
Email Address *
Your Message *

Human test. Please input the result of 5+3=?

Thank you! We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Something went wrong, try refreshing and submitting the form again.

Contact Details

IE 5 Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga Phone: +63) 45-599-3603 to 05 (+63) 45-599-3613 Website: http://www.ytpi.com Email: sales@yokohamatire.ph http://facebook/yokohamaphilippines https://ph.linkedin.com/company/yokohama-tire-philppines-inc- https://twitter.com/yokohamatc?lang=en
Copyright © 2015 QA Philippines. All Rights Reserved